Intelligent Scan (Galaxy S9) vs Face ID (iPhone X)

Now that the iPhone X started to make face unlock a bit more mainstream other manufacturers are all getting on board with, not adding facial unlocking, which most have had for some time, but with marketing the feature upfront now and coming up with better ways of implementing it.

Samsung recently launched their Galaxy S9 and S9+ and with it “Intelligent Scan” which isn’t so much a new tech as it is a combination of their existing Iris Scan (which scans your eyes for authentication) and then…

35 comments on “Intelligent Scan (Galaxy S9) vs Face ID (iPhone X)

What about the trick of the printed face to see which one is more secure? 🤔 And 3d printed version of your head 😀 nice quick tests, video liked as always mate.

Technically samsung beat iphone its on the homescreen iphone still on the lock screen if your checking for who unlocked first iphone did but atleast i have a couple milliseconds to do stufd on my samsung before it even goes on the homescreen.

Samsung do pretty good job. Thank for this vs video

Today I dreamed I had the iPhone X and I was really enjoying it. This is just bizarre because I went from a 7 Plus to the Note 8 when it came out. Umm….🤔

I hate all these facial eye scan crap😔, access my bank w/my retina, someone is gonna steal my eyes😱

Good comparison, but I'd choose the S9; I want a rear fingerprint scanner and don't care about what's up front.

Try it outside in bright sunlight. Face ID sucks outside

I think at those prices, they should have multiple options for unlocking a phone.

Not one or two.

I’d rather have a phone that unlocks with my face that is way more secure. As well as not have to worry I might get eye damage from iris scanning…

Is this dude stupid? The s9 is taking it straight to the home screen while the Liephone is turning on the lock screen, which means you have to swipe up to unlock it lol. The s9 wins

Used to have a Lumia 950XL back in 2015 that seemed pretty fast and used to work in pitch black wonder how that compares

Just do iRS scan it's just as safe and alot faster than the mixed face and irs intelligent scan.

I think iphone X is more secure then s9

This is the way to test

But if you do that is bad publicity for the s9 and you would not like that ….🙂

That 1/3 sec. difference is negated by the fact that you have to actually swipe up to get to the home screen.

The intelligent scan is a bit of a misnomer. Basically, it will scan your face and unlock if it recognizes you, if not it will then iris scan, then if both fail it will use both to see if it is likely to be you! So as it uses facial recognition as the first port of call it is totally unsecure and I would suggest if you have anything of value on your phone don't set either up, its basically a gimmick. Face-ID is a superior security measure and many times more secure than fingerprint readers. Will Samsung ever have a similar quality system or just do a cheap unsecured method? The jury is out and personally as the hardware alone comes to over $60 a phone this would mean another big price rise for the Galaxy line. Maybe cheaper than the iPhone still but increasingly bad value against the Android competition, and a high-risk strategy. I suspect they will go with the in-screen fingerprint sensor, inferior to Face-ID but gimmicky enough for their hardcore teen fan core.

On a sunny day s9 won’t work at all

Hey buddy try s9 outside with a hat and glasses or without don’t matter it’s not going to unlock in less than 3 min

iphone x might be unlock, but it's still not on the homescreen. So which one can go to the homescreen faster?

IPhone has to win in at least 1 area lol

High contrast lighting? I'm surprised the Apple took that much longer in the dark, which suggests they might also rely on optical facial recognition as well as their specialised sensors.

Apple should've included a fingerprint scanner. I'm sure the fingerprint on the S9 will beat the Face ID on the iPhone X.

face id is damn good plus more safe .. wish they remove the swiping up gesture after it recognises the face.. that is where the time is taken and a further step added!!