iPhone X: 13 Questions I Still Have!

I have spent some time after the Apple event scratching my head. I still had some questions about the iPhone X. Here I approach them and some have been answered since. Hopefully, this can help you on your journey deciding which Apple device to get! Stay tuned for the full review!

44 comments on “iPhone X: 13 Questions I Still Have!

Look people, I know stainless steel is durable. I am talking about surface scratches from a glossy finish. I would rather have the anodized 7000 series aluminum for the frame of the X so I don't have to worry about it getting horribly scratched.

Apple will store some iCloud encryption keys in china,raising security concerns.

Keeping my Iphone 7 plus. No swypeing All the time that sucks on the X

Its cute how you added TEMPORARILY disfigured

Samsung, Huawei are much cheaper and 2 times better, haha, retard apple fans

you spend 1000$ on crap iphone X, you retard person

And again the most comprehensive reviewer out there. If it is a new device, Erica's review is where I'm going for the low down.

I really can't wait for her review of the iPhone X. I just got mine today in white but I'm seriously undecided if it is something I should keep considering how much money it actually costs. Its really playing on my mind which probably says it all.

Yet again, Apple is showing how much they care about their consumers. They are able to put a larger battery yet they don't, they don't include a fastcharger with the phone. All they want is your money and just don't give two shits.

Love my iPhone X , but somehow I have several light scratches on first day!?!?

Erica keeping it real

I’m getting iPhone X 256gb

it wont turn on accidentally. it knows when its supposed to do so, like when the screen stays black when a notification comes in, or when raising it.

Face ID not good for payments and accidental payments… it will happen on apps

Great vid Erica very informative

All her questions answered… don't get why everyone is asking simple questions like this.
– Apple always has individually calibrated displays, so why wouldn't they going forward? people are going to be more critical than ever with the iPhone X so of course they will.
 – The panels are made by Samsung, but they're not stock off the shelf panels. They're designed to a bunch of apple's specification and then manufactured by Samsung. people forget this all the time.
 – Pixel density isn't as high because it wastes battery life. That's why Samsung doesn't ship their phones in full res, you have to turn it on. most average people don't know this and think they're looking at a super high res display when they're not.
 – Brightness isn't as high to save battery life and extend life of display.
 – tap to wake will likely use the gyro to know when it's sitting on a table vs in your pocket. Apple does think through this stuff.
 – Developers are always slow outside of super massive ones.
 – downsampling difference won't make much of a difference if any
 – So far it's looking like the plus specific features won't be on the X, but they can always change their mind and add them.
 – Stainless steel, apple often puts looks above durability, that's just their style. it's a fashion thing as well as a tech thing
 – Yes it will unlock when you go to check the time, but why does that matter? it doesn't go to the home screen until you swipe up
 – Failed login attempts made with FaceID will ask for your passcode. Once you enter that it will learn from that and change your stored face map (not 100% instantly, it learns from success/failure) Apple released a white paper on this for those who are interested.
 – low light telephoto… you already said Phil answered this…
 – 4k bit rate is high, but not as high as say a RED camera or something like that.
 – Why does everyone care about the battery size, it has almost nothing to do with the battery life. They've optimized it to get a particular battery life on average regardless of the size of the battery. When comparing phones, having the biggest battery doesn't equal having the best battery life.

Which phone do you use as your personal daily driver Erica?

That's some good questions.

The iPhone 8 is not the first phone that can record 4k 60fps, The Exynos variant of Note 8 can actually record 4k video at 120fps but for some reason Samsung decided to leave it disabled by default.

You only review cell phones?

If it doesn't recognize your face you just use the pin and re-teach it your face

I hate that notch, who thought that would look alright, videos are gonna look bad on that screen

I think it's best to black out the notch during gaming or video at full screen and have it light when touched

Only fanboy/girls buy apple products. Only the ignorant trend following masses of morons do such things.

One more thing about the faceID , what if am in a club and it's very low crazy lights there ! How would that camera catch my face in there ! Specially that's where we use our cameras the most ! FaceID sucks

I can answer your question regarding reachability on the iPhone X. It won't have reachability, i think it heard this in the keynote. Im not sure you will need it anyway.

your questions aren't really that practical. Apple is known for making quality phones every year. the apps will get handled way sooner than any android phone would get. saying this, if you want the best looking and compatible phone, get the iPhone x. I'm not a fanboy either but its the hard truth. I had the galaxy s7 edge the s8 and always end up going back to iPhone. also, why are you clutching the s8 plus the whole time in the video…like damn set the phone down lol

I doubt they’ll answer 😂 November the 3rd it is. Looking forward to you answering your own questions 😊
My surface pro unlocks with the camera, it recognises me with my beard, or without, with a cap or not, guess people seem to forget Apple is not first at doing face unlock.

Isnt the notch irritating while operating the phone…having a thin bezel at top isnt better?

Just found out about your channel and I’ve been binge watching it for hours. Good stuff, Erica! Especially the New 2DS XL video. I’ve been on the fence about getting one for weeks. Subscribed 🙂

I’m getting that X and I’m excited

those iphone x even matter when every less change in features from iphone 8 or 8plus …

iphone x should be the first concept kinda phone apple dumping on the hard core fans

if face detection is age proof face detection …

Her forehead is bigger than my balls

aluminum is much softer then stainless steel, clown.

My mom was going to wait for the iphone x but then i reminded her that the i think the iphone x is very rushed and i feel that the iphone x will have a lot of defects and thats coming from me, somebody who is a apple user

Questioning face ID over getting plastic surgery, getting disfigured etc is just like questioning touch ID if you lose your fingers…..Cmon really.

some people have more money than sense…but what the hell, its there money

Low light images of my mancave… ugh… iPhone 6 camera has horrible iso