iPhone X: 8 Months Later

The iPhone X has been for sale for eight months, so I thought it was time to check in and see how things were going.

iPhone Wallpaper: https://512pixels.net/projects/default-mac-wallpapers-in-5k/

Music: http://bit.ly/ArgofoxTP

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ismh
I make podcasts: https://www.relay.fm/people/stephenhackett
Support my work: https://512pixels.net/membership

22 comments on “iPhone X: 8 Months Later

Glass is not scratching – oil-phobic coating scratching

No case, no pity.

I have an X and it's great, with FaceiD working like a champ for me, including with a hat and dark, polarized prescription sunglasses on every day(in the bright sun, obviously), none of which is registered under my FaceiD profile. Having said that, I will definitely be snatching up the X Plus, ASAP, only for screen size.

I am still waiting for an iPhone SE upgrade.

Hi, thanks for the video. As for me, the notch still annoys me a lot. The screen scratches too much which led me to put a screen protector on. I find the X to be too big and above all too heavy, and I had a Plus phone before which I didn’t like at all. On the plus side (pardon the pun), Face ID is excellent, and works way better than I dared to expect. Performance is very nice, which I dared to expect 🙂. It’s also the first phone I use to shoot raw with a lot (using the Adobe Lightroom app), with very good results. I find the standard camera app to “work” the pictures way too much. Overall a good phone that is way too expensive for what it is. Last note, not entirely related to the X : after several years, I still can’t bear the side power button! More often than not I press the volume buttons with it with various very irritating results! Adios.

Mine has lots of small scratches going up from the bottom of the screen, they’re probably caused by dust when using the home gesture.

I would like an iPhone X-style iPhone exactly as wide as the 8. The difference is small, but enough to make typing with one finger very difficult.

Black X here. No case, but the only scratches are on the back where it sits on tables and such. The coating on the black band holds up super well.
Personally, I prefer the top right location for control center, and for Apple Pay, I use my watch exclusively.

I have a deep scratch in the almost identical place as yours on the screen! I think it's because the new glass is softer, which reduces shatters. I decided to get AppleCare, so I'll see if I can have it replaced before I get a new phone next year. I don't think I'll feel the need to upgrade after a year.

I think Apple made the wrong decision when deciding what behavior to merge into both iPad and iPhone. Control Center I think should be to the right of the app cards in multitasking mode.

I’ve had apple’s red leather case on my iPhone X since I got it when it came out, and it looks somewhat worn. It’s held up good, and it still looks amazing.

The iPhone x made me switch to samsung.

I would have upgraded from my iPhone 6s Plus to the iPhone X (I've had my 6s Plus since December 2015) but I just didn't have the money at the time, and now with the new iPhones being announced in about two months I'd rather just save my money and get what's newer so that it'll last me longer, if that makes sense…

i will be honest and i still dont want the iphone x, for a 1000$, that would be all i need to pay my bills, appartment rent and foods and i would still have 200$ to spare on which i could buy a tablet or notebook instead
literally i would rather keep 1000$ to spend on living than on a iphone x

My scratches would put yours to shame. Even have a chip in the top left corner. Love the video! Keep it up!

Anybody want to help me become the new Justin Y

I love mine! I've kept mine in a case since Day 1, but the stainless steel is scratched to all heck! I bought a cheap, thin case at one point that I would flap on and off when bored, and I think that did all of the damage..

Otherwise, the phone is perfect for me. I have the Speck G3-style (Bondi Blue) case on, and it's the perfect fit for my giant hands. And I too came from a 7 Plus, but I didn't mind the battery life or screen reduction for something I could fit more easily in my pockets and hands.

I love my silver iPhone 10 I do however wished it did have a bigger battery the 7 plus was to big of a phone for me and the 10’s 5.8 inch phone is perfect for me with upgrading it a just a matter of waiting to seeing what Apple is going to do I actually have not lived life with out a screen protector or some kind of Apple designed case on it I really don’t have scratches maybe a few micro scratches nothing that a cleaning clothe can’t fix

One odd statement "miss the bigger screen" of the Plus size phones. The iPhone X has a larger diagonal screen with more pixels. It's not the screen size that's the problem, it's the fact that Apple hasn't enabled the "3x mode" of the Plus model phones – no landscape home screen, etc. It seems to be done solely because of the rounded corners – they basically "mask off" a few pixels each direction so that nothing rectangular ever wanders in to the curved corners. While the curved corners are a nice design touch, I would like all of the "3x screen" functionality of the iPhone Plus series enabled on the X, even if it means some design elements aren't "perfectly presented." (Make it a buried settings option.)

They killed the 2015 MacBook Pro.

Why can’t I watch this video on my Samsung?